Saturday, September 05, 2009

Quebec Singer/Comedienne Now Gets It

This caught my eye in a Canadian Press interview with Quebec's Annie Dufresne during a visit where she was one of several entertaining the troops in Afghanistan:
Like many of her fellow Quebeckers, Dufresne has long counted herself among those who would prefer to see the 2,700 Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan at home instead.

No longer, she said in an interview with The Canadian Press.

“I thought we were not supposed to be here,” Dufresne said, her voice dropping to a whisper. “But now I changed my mind.”


“Me, I am profoundly for peace . . . I think all people should have the right to go to school and have the right to live in peace,” she said.

“I hope what I see over here is the real thing because there’s too many young boys who have died from this.”
Merci beaucoup - a bit more here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home