Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Finally, someone protesting the right thing

I've often wondered what the result would be if those naive and well-meaning Canadians who protested against the Afghan conflict were to actually protest against those truly responsible for the violence, the terror, and the butchery of innocents.

It seems Pashtun-Canadians are organizing such a rally at Queen's Park in Toronto this weekend:

We want to educate and apprise fellow Canadians, the Canadian media and journalists of this unreported genocide by the Taliban, who are massacring Pashtuns in the name of Islam. We are urging Canadian newspapers and TV networks to send photographers, videographers and reporters to talk to hundreds of Pashtun women, children and men whose family members are being killed in Pakistan's Pashtun areas on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

Date: Sunday February 15, 2009 Time: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM Location: Ontario Legislative Building , Queen's Park, Toronto.

For information call Inayat Khan Kakar (905) 277 2854 - (647) 895-6566
Canadian Pashtun Community 315 Elgin St N, Cambridge, ON, N1R 8C9


I guess we'll finally get to see if any of those "anti-war" types are willing to protest against the real tyrants and barbarians, rather than just against those trying to end the violence and bring Afghanistan into a new era of relative peace and prosperity.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be in Ottawa for a family funeral, so I won't be going myself. But despite my cynicism about those who can normally be counted upon to carry picket signs and chant slogans, I hope it's well attended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home