Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sharing The Thoughts of the Fallen (Second Hand)

Here we go again, with MSM happy to stumble over each other to share a loved one's interpretation of what one of the fallen said or thought without being able to ask the fallen.

Were no lessons learned at all the last time this happened?

Or are all media outlets happy to stampede in the wrong direction every time for the sake of not missing something everyone else has?

I wonder if there would be this level of coverage if, say, the relative of a journalist spoke out saying they were in support of Canada's mission in Afghanistan?

No, they'd NEVER hold back any information, would they?

More, here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one stopped using the MSM for news years ago and judging from sources that I read on the net many more have started doing the same. In the foreseeable future most of them will be trying to make a go of it on the net. It will not help them though as giving the biased and untruthful coverage on line still will not appeal to anyone.

They have no morals at all and will continue that same journalism you describe and wonder why they are ignored. They are completely out of touch with reality and I see no signs they are about to change.

3:21 a.m., September 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. The L.S.S.R. is my old regiment. I served with them for 5 years in my teens and early twenties.

The reminder of this (your link) was a sad thing but the memories it invoked were not.

3:29 a.m., September 20, 2009  
Blogger milnews.ca said...

I'm a former Lake Supe myself - small world.

12:51 p.m., September 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home