Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sailing with HMCS Ville de Quebec

Meet Keri, The Canadian Explorer, as she sails with HMCS Ville de Quebec...

Exploring the CDN Navy from KeriCDN on Vimeo.



You can read more about her adventures in blog posts over at her site.

For those of you hard-core Navy types, this will seem like light fare. I love it anyhow. Why? Because this reaction to being around members of the CF - that "holy crap, these people are fun and intense and incredibly good at what they do and oh my god I'm proud to be Canadian around them" feeling you get - is so typical of civilians immersed in CF culture for the first time. As I said to Keri in an e-mail, the company of our CF members is a tonic to the soul.

BZ to her for showing that in her oh so quirky way.

And while I'm at it, BZ to the Navy (yes, I'm talking to you, Alain!) for getting her on board. Good call, and well executed. More, please!

1 Comments:

Blogger KeriCDN said...

Thanks Damian, for posting this and boy were you ever right in saying "the company of soldiers (or sailors) is a tonic to the soul".

Like... I find myself missing the ship and the crew even though I sailed for just 2 nights with them, it had this huge, positive affect on my life. Didn't see that coming. Want more.

The good news is I like to keep things balanced so my future for sure holds "Exploring the Air Force" and "Exploring the Army" too :)

Keri

8:44 p.m., September 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home