Thursday, June 18, 2009

The title alone will attract the trolls...

...like flies to honey. Best of luck to Argent.

With a tip of the hat to John Donovan, I give you GayMilitaryLife.com:

...my new blog GayMilitaryLife.com is working to a level I am happy with. So now I want to open it up to the world.

GayMilitaryLife.com aims to provide a positive aspect on gays in the military. We want to encourage acceptance of the value of gay service in the military as well as improved attitudes to military activities amongst gay civilians. There main focus will be on gay and/or military issues as well as some of the issues surrounding that like current national affairs, politics, history etc.

I invite you to have a look and let me known what you think by email, comments or otherwise.

I recognise this is a controversial undertaking but I urge your support. I need quality content. I have set up a means to gather information from the net but it will not see everything. If you find something that is obviously related to both gays and the military let me know.

I also need to know military or gay significant event dates internationally if you have a good source for that. If you run a blog a link or post would be appreciated as well. In short I need to give the blog exposure. If you know any gays in the military who would like to contribute, perhaps with a story of their experience, that would be great too.


For those who haven't already guessed, my thoughts on gays in the CF are exactly the same as my thoughts on women in the CF:

If a woman wants to be in the combat arms, she needs to be able to hit the same performance requirements as her male counterparts, including the physical ones. Period. Sacrificing performance for political correctness is anathema to the military ethos.

But if she can do the job, she should be able to serve. Period. Discriminating against individuals on the basis of anything other than performance is also anathema to the military ethos.


Replace "woman" with "gay" in the above passage, and you've got a good idea how I feel on the subject.

So, as this new blog aims to draw on gay military experience across national delineations, I'd like to bring this to the attention of the readership here, on the all-too-likely chance some of our audience qualifies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home