Friday, March 16, 2007

A CF Public Affairs Officer wonders about the media

He was with the MND in Afghanistan.
Now the disapointing part: What did you read\hear about on the news today regarding the MND and Afghanistan? I'll bet it wasn't how he was here to learn how reconstruction efforts have progressed and to see how the troops are doing. I know what you read because, being a Public Affairs Officer, I was in the middle of it all...

I was with the media during this whole time. We missed out on the prison part because we had to reduce the number of vehicles in the convoy for security reasons. I just hope people realize that the MND had far more on his agenda than what was in the headlines.
Via Army.ca. More interesting posts are at the Lieutenant's (N) blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

I'll be interested to see if the good Lieutenant remains as forthcoming and blunt as his time in Afghanistan progresses. Something tells me that slagging a world power and saying he has "no time" for anyone comparing Soviets to Canadians isn't what the CF wants its uniformed PAffO's to be saying.

I hope for his sake that he hasn't stuck his neck out a bit too far with this.

1:34 p.m., March 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home