Wednesday, September 13, 2006

There's no life like it...

The Canadian Forces released their new recruiting ads today.


The NDP's response

Canadian Forces release hard-hitting ads today

NDP Defence Critic Dawn Black called the ads war-mongering and said they were a heavy-handed approach to drawing new soldiers.

"They do need recruits, but I'm not sure Rambo ads are the way we want to portray military service," Black was reported as saying.

"I think there's a lot more to the Canadian military than fight, fight, fight and war, war, war."

I think Black and the NDP's real fear is that the CF will actually make their recruiting targets this year now that they actually have an advertising budget to work with. If that happens the NDP won't have "evidence" to bolster their new policy stand on immediate withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Cross posted from BBS

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

That was great. Much better then the last time around. I myself am looking at doing my BMQ in the spring and for sure, that ad shows the forces much better then running around on a ship like the last run.

I HATE Dawn Black. Absolutly hate her.

1:25 a.m., September 14, 2006  
Blogger Cameron Campbell said...

I've voted NDP in the past. I know and am related to people who were there at the beginning (when it was the CCF).

I will never vote NDP until they drop Layton and get rid of this current crop of useless wastes of skin.

7:31 a.m., September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home