Wednesday, April 09, 2008

CDS succession RUMINT

When this story came out, I was thinking of four names to possibly replace Hillier: Leslie, Natynczyk, Watt, and Robertson. The only reason I was including Watt and Robertson was because I felt the bureaucrats and politicians might be looking to rotate the CDS slot away from the Army, because Army ranks are full to the brim with Hillier adherents. But I figured Leslie and Natynczyk were the best options from a continuity of strategic vision standpoint.

When I asked around, I originally heard some scuttlebutt that Watt was high on the list. Now I'm hearing Natynczyk's name almost exclusively. In fact, some folks I know say it's a done deal - late spring or summer.

I've never met the Lieutenant General the troops call Uncle Walt, but I hear he's universally respected by those who have worked with and for him. And I'm of the firm opinion that we still need an Army CDS at this point in the CF's evolution.

We'll see if the RUMINT turns out to be true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home