Friday, August 24, 2007

Letters

So the military brass are sending or have sent hundreds if not thousands of letters to army veterans asking them to re-enlist to support the home front. Now I know this doesn't mean much to most of you, but to those of us on the Supplementary Reserve List it means a great deal. Especially so if you served in the army, and even more especially so if you were trained to captain, major, sergeant or warrant officer level. I'm a former navy fid so I'm not feeling the heat right about now. But what about you, Brooks? Received any letters recently? Babble on, brother.

6 Comments:

Blogger holdfast said...

Yeah, too in my letter they missed my rank by two full grades - thanks for the demotions, boys.

Still, it is a good idea, and I won't say it didn't make me consider it.

11:57 a.m., August 24, 2007  
Blogger Chris Taylor said...

Some guys at the office got offers to come back their old regiments at senior NCO/WO grades, with a fast-track to mustang. Attractive offer, but I don't know anybody that took them up on it.

12:40 p.m., August 24, 2007  
Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

I only know of a friend of a friend who took them up on it. I'm not on the supplementary reserve list, so I didn't get a letter.

What the hell would they do with a bean-bag like me anyhow?

1:20 p.m., August 24, 2007  
Blogger holdfast said...

Well, I know I'm out of shape, but I also know that could be cured with about two months of Army. With the "kids" that I trained coming back from, or heading to, Afstan, it does make one wonder a bit.

3:36 p.m., August 24, 2007  
Blogger Reg said...

My brother got a letter a few months back (I didn't...). He was a Cpl in the Milita. We talked about it for a few hours, and he was tempted ( it helped that he was still in good shape and he's only been out three years), but he passed. I was a little jealous, but couldn't do Infantry anymore even if asked.

5:13 p.m., August 24, 2007  
Blogger cliffhanger said...

Served in the 90s.
am on supplemental reserve list.
Have not recieved letter.

10:34 p.m., August 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home