Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Other options

In a post a few days back, I said that Canadians were overwhelming the logistics system with care packages for our soldiers in Kandahar, and that sending them a message was the best way to contribute to their morale.

Today I've seen another couple of options suggested. This one is from the PMO:

  1. Go to Tim Horton's and purchase a Gift Certificate or Coupon Book.

  2. Mail or Courier them to:

    Deployed Operations Administration
    Canadian Forces Personnel Support Agency
    Attention Ms. Shirley Penny,
    4210 La Belle St.
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0K2

  3. Last Flight to Kandahar before Christmas goes Wednesday December 20th.


Timmy's warms both belly and heart. Good call on the gift certificates (and I've checked - the KAF Timmy's accepts them).

The other gift you can give is your own blood. Canadian Blood Services runs a couple of programs that service the needs of the CF, as I recall. Donate the gift of life. It will not only give you warm fuzzies to know you've helped save a complete stranger, but it will also make it a bit cheaper for you to get buzzed on Moose Milk for a day or two after you give. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about here.

Write, buy, or donate - it's your choice. But do show them you care.

3 Comments:

Blogger EUGENE PLAWIUK said...

Why doesn't Timmies set up a donation area in each of its stores for this and then take the social responsibility for getting them to the troops. After all its good for their bottomlines

2:38 a.m., December 14, 2006  
Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...good idea, Eugene. Why don't you write that into Tim's PR dept?

9:15 a.m., December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thunderstruck as well, great idea Eugene.

Isn't Timmies already shipping via the CF, adding some weight per shipment or per skid wouldn't be that big a deal no?

9:27 a.m., December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home