Thursday, September 21, 2006

Support the troops - and not just with your words


I've been heartened by the number of yellow magnetic car-magnet ribbons I've spotted on trunks and fenders during my daily commutes to and from work in the GTA. They represent a heartfelt expression of respect and gratitude to serving CF members, and are a 'good thing' for that reason alone.

But I know not all of the magnets and other gear come from the CF Personnel Support Agency, which is important. Here's why: all proceeds from the sales of CFPSA “Support Our Troops” items are reinvested directly into morale and welfare programs for CF members and their families. As far as I know, no other organization that sells this type of gear can say the same.

You can read more about how you can personally Support the Troops here. And you can buy stuff, like yellow ribbon magnets and lapel pins, and Red Fridays t-shirts and golf shirts at this site.

Put your money where your mouth is, folks.

2 Comments:

Blogger WE Speak said...

Actually, the NCC's 'Support Our Troops' campaign also directs all funds to a trust for the sole purpose of a scholarship fund for the children of fallen soldiers.

8:55 p.m., September 21, 2006  
Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Good to know, BBS.

I was thinking specifically of the NCC when I wrote the post, because in correspondence with Gerry Nicholls when he first introduced the idea in May of this year, he said that administrative costs would be drawn from proceeds as well - I'm glad to see that position was revisited.

Still, the NCC only offers the magnets - nothing about lapel pins (I'm wearing mine today) or Red Fridays gear, or any of the other swag available through the CFPSA.

9:05 a.m., September 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home