Thursday, July 27, 2006

"Battle of Panjawai and beyond"

There's the text of an e-mail in comments at small dead animals that seems to be from Nichola Goddard's replacement with "Contact C" in Afghanistan. Here's a taste:

We let off about 20 rounds of Frangible 25mm from our cannon at guys about a 100m away before we got a major jam in our link ejection chute. We went to our 7.62 coax machine gun, and fired one round before it too jammed!! Boy was I pissed off. I went to jump up on the pintol mounted machine gun, but as I stuck my head out of the LAV I realized the bad guys were still shooting at us and that the Canadian Engineers were firing High Explosive Incendiary 25mm rounds from their cannon right over our front deck. I quickly popped back down realizing that was probably one of the stupider ideas I have ever had in my life.


Read the entire thing here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home