Monday, June 19, 2006

Taking 'the strong, silent type' too far

Who knew?
Sunday, June 4th, marks the fifth annual Canadian Forces Day, a day when Canadians have the opportunity to pay tribute to the men and women of the Canadian Forces.
I had no idea this even existed, and unlike most Canadians, I have a deep and abiding interest in the Canadian military. Public Resources needs to either push this or forget about it. Hell, hire a PR agency if your own departmental staff aren't up to the job and you feel strongly enough about it to justify the expense.

But do it or don't. Having an officially sanctioned celebratory day with absolutely no celebration is pathetic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spitfire said...

I knew, but that was only because my dad's in the military. The military family resource centres organized an outing to a Blue Jays game. But I agree, it should be on the news, and more well known, but wasn't.

1:11 a.m., June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home